Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Le longer-than-weekend

I'm so far behind in documenting, I worry I may have forgotten everything....

After my swim last Monday, on Tuesday I think I did a 3 mile run inside, since it was really cold. Wednesday I did the usual weights thing, which I should probably shake up a bit since I'm not getting sore at all anymore! Thursday I did nothing. Friday I did a 45-minute spin class and then ran a mile afterwards. Saturday and Sunday I did nothing except for some very minimal walking around since I was off camping with the kiddos. Plus plenty of marshmallow-eating :)

This Monday (yesterday) I ran for about 3.5 miles on the treadmill - pretty slow speed since I was tired after camping, but it felt quite easy and I could have gone a lot longer. This morning I went swimming and did the usual workout.

The more exciting plan is TOMORROW, when I'm cycling to work and back!! This is a pretty long effort, so I'll update tomorrow on how it goes. Plus I'll be on a REAL bike.

Horrifyingly I actually went to the race site today and saw that the water is approx 65 degrees which sounds freezing AND even more shocking the swim length is 800m when I'm pretty sure it was "supposed" to be 600m. In any event I've been swimming 600m (and then doing the pull buoy and kickboard after that). Oops.

Plus I'm entirely unclear on where I take my bike and all that. I can't believe it's coming up so soon!!!

More camping this Thurs-Sat, so probably no workout, but I'll try to do something good on Sunday.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

When did they change the swim length? I thought it was 604m (that last 4 is very important)! You have covered a lot of meterage in the pool so you will be fine. Camping sounds fun, I shall check for photos on the other blog. All your running sounds very good, well done!