Sunday, 17 August 2008

My Race Report

Hannah:
Swim- my swim was meant to be 400m (16 lengths of pool) pool swim. My lane counter mis-counted my lengths so I swam an extra 50m (2 lengths). I was expecting a 7min swim time but it was closer to 8mins.

Bike- the advertised 20km (12miles) was actually 14miles...those extra 2 miles were a little more than my legs could cope with. The bike was an out and back- cycle out 7miles, turn round and head home! I fell off my bike twice... and for the same reason each time. I had a little mechanical failure with my gears as they kept jamming. Both times I came off going up hill which was a little embarrassing. I then had to put the chain back on and sort the gears out each time. Oh well! There was a head wind going out, this was hard work but it made the journey back much quicker!

Run- I had a great run. The run was along a river side/ forest footpath. It was quite muddy but very scenic. I really enjoyed the run. I was met by Sophie 100yards from the finish and she 'helped' me to finish!

Thank you, Lorraine. You have been a great training partner and I am really proud of you for training so hard and doing so well today.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Times, times, I want times!!

:) I need something to inspire me ;)