Thursday, 14 August 2008

Urp

Lorraine:

Hmm, really is close now! Okay, so yesterday (Wed) I actually managed to get up and went swimming. I swam laps for 20 minutes. In a stroke of luck, the pool was quite cloudy (hmmm) so I couldn't do flip turns - making it more like a "real" swim I suppose, except for how it was nice and toasty warm. I'm definitely continuing to be nervous about the water temperature!! Whenever I mention to someone over here that I'm not using a wetsuit, they raise their eyebrows and say "Hmmm." Ah well.

Yesterday's bike to and from the bus was quite brief - just 10 minutes each way. Today I did 10 mins in the morning but on the way home I'll do the longer 30 minute ride, complete with two massive hills at the end. I didn't actually get up to go running this morning, because I was thinking 30 mins run and 30 mins ride might be a bit much a few days before the race. Or maybe (more likely) I was just being lazy!

Tomorrow I do plan to do one easy run and then be done with exercise until Sunday.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

A cloudy, warm and toasty pool? Bunch of pre-schoolers in before hand?

Bike riding to work sounds fun, hope the traffic was ok.

The plan for the next few days sounds good.