Sunday, 13 July 2008

Last week of proper training

Hannah:
Last week was my last proper week of training. Sophie is now on her summer vacation so trips to the gym are limited. Training wise, I didn't really make the most of the last week. On Tuesday I did a bike session, I rode hard for 20km and then rounded my time up to an hour. It was a good bike session. Wednesday was the last day of school so a few other mums and I met for an 'end of term' coffee.

On Saturday Sophie took part in a local 1 mile fun run. Both John and I ran with her and I have to say, she did really well. The run was flat for the first half mile and then a steep down hill for the last half mile. It was probably a little short in distance as she ran it in 13minutes! She did run the whole way (her choice) and looked thoroughly knackered at the end!

Today (Sunday) I went for a gentle run. I ran for about 35mins and really enjoyed it. I spent the afternoon servicing my mountain bike and adding the child seat to the back. Sophie was insistent on trying it out so we rode round the village several times...my legs were wobbly with the effort, but.... that was my first outing on the bike in a few years! I plan on cycling rather a lot in the next few weeks whilst on holiday.

No comments: