Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Bizarre dream!

Hannah:
Last night I had a very odd dream. I dreamt that John, Sophie and I had flown to Seattle for me to take part in the Seattle Triathlon...except that Seattle had moved and was now next to Tennessee on the map! We met up with Lorraine, Mary, Amelia and Oliver. Mary and John said that Lorraine and I could go out for the night to discuss race tactics...we were keen on winning! We went to a bar where my bag was stolen. On race day Lorraine and I started the swim, we were leading until we came into transition and we couldn't find our tandem bike. I then woke up!

Yep...odd! Is this a sign that both Lorraine and I are going to win our triathlons? Is it a sign that I am feeling ill prepared? Is it a sign that we need anther meet up...or maybe the dream was just a sign of impending madness, who knows!

Now back to reality. On Monday I had a bonus swim session as Sophie had her swimming lesson. I managed 1.2km. Sophie's swim teacher was keen on stopping me at the end of some lengths to show me some marvellous thing that Sophie was doing!

On Tuesday I ran on the treadmill, I upped the speed by 0.2kph...not much but it felt faster! I then pedalled on the bike for 10km. I did the first 5km at an easyish pace and then I went up through the levels and pushed the final 5km.

Today (Wednesday) I didn't train as I met with a mum who has a child who is very similar to Sophie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog and will be pinching tips from it. As Hannah knows I tried the reading magazine whilst on exercise bike tonight and it worked a treat! I'm not sure i'll do a triathlon ever again but this blog might just inspire me to get fit again!
Cathryn (Hannah's sister-in-law).

tri-moms said...

I LOVE your dream! Mary and I have just agreed we absolutely need to arrange our next meet-up...preferably when you and I are both in fabulous shape so John and Mary can show us off around town :)

(Lorraine)