Lorraine:
Another summary of the weekend for me. Saturday I had planned to go swimming, since it had been a while. I had to get up at 4:50am anyway since one must sign up for the swim lessons the kids are in at 5am on a Saturday every 3 months or so. I know, it's a bit absurd, but I consider it worth it to get into the time slot that works best for us. I have it down to a science so I'm usually pressing "send" only about 30 seconds after the registration form opens. ANYWAY, my plan was to go swimming after that. However, Oliver thought that waking up at 4:30am that day would be ideal. I finally got him out of bed at 5:20 or so since I'm sure Amelia was not thrilled. We went off to get coffee and go on a leisurely drive. So no swimming. I instead went for a run during nap time (running two days in a row! Who is this woman??). It wasn't as unpleasant as Friday's run was, but I can't say I was springing like a gazelle.
Sunday I went to the spinning class (45 mins) at the gym. I must mention that the class they offer on Monday is WAY better...unfortunately I work on Mondays. This guy was quite annoying. He was playing a video of mountain biking stunts the entire time, which was interesting to watch (and I did) but I felt like I got much less immersed in the workout. Plus, there were 9 women and 1 man and he spent the entire time talking only to the man. Not that I wanted him to talk to me - he was waaaay too annoying. So I'll probably keep going to that on Sundays only because it forces me to work harder on the bike, but I will feel free to dislike him.
This morning it was up at 4:50am and off to the pool! I did my new "usual" of 15 laps (600m) to practice the length of the race. I tried to swim it a bit more steady this time and did it in a minute less than last time. Then I leisurely swan for another 10 minutes and then I used the kickboard for the last 10 minutes. I was quite impressed by the woman in the next lane over, who according to her sign in time swam from 3:45am to 5:45am. I mean, really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Lorraine- great training weekend! Are you having a rest day...a day where you do nowt at all?
2 hours of swimming...who in their right mind goes lap swimming at 3.45am?!
Keep it up, you are doing fab!
Post a Comment