Lorraine:
It clearly shouldn't be pouring rain and cold (50 degrees F) in early to mid-June. Combine the weather with my overall wimpiness, and I was inside for all of my recent workouts. The last few things I did:
Friday - I went swimming, but due to getting up a bit later than planned, I only had 20 minutes to swim, so I did some drills - 10 laps arms only (with pull buoy) and 10 laps legs only (with kickboard). It was definitely a good experience to focus one at a time - thanks for the idea Hannah!
Saturday - This would typically be my day to do a lovely outdoor run around the lake, but as it was gray and cold and lightly sprinkling, I decided to go to the gym instead. I paid myself back though by running at a higher speed (don't laugh - up to 6.3 now) and for 35 minutes rather than 30, plus an extra 5 for warmup and cool-down. My face was still bright red after my shower!
Sunday - This is the spinning class day (45 minute class). I think I mentioned that they play a video on a projector screen during the class, which is pretty odd. Last week it was downhill mountain biking tricksters, but this week was a focus on Lance Armstrong's 7th Tour de France. Even though there's no sound I totally enjoyed watching it and was more or less able to ignore the instructor I'm not fond of. My legs were a bit sore by Sunday night, probably from a good run and then spinning right after. I was wondering to myself if eventually I'll be able to hop on the treadmill and run after the class - we'll see! Amelia has become not fond of the gym daycare and always gives me clear instructions as I'm dropping her off to "only do one machine, okay Mama?"
Monday - This morning I thought it would be good to do a little arms weight lifting, so I headed to the gym again. I added two legs things and a tiny bit of abs, but no cardio at all today.
And it's still raining!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a good weekend for you. Well done on upping the treadmill speed- 6.3 whats? Sounds impressive though!
I read Lance Armstrongs autobiography once- made for interesting reading when sitting on the indoor bike. Quite an inspirational man...until he ran off with that singing woman! Anyway, I digress... I hope you have a good training week.
Post a Comment