Thursday, 19 June 2008

Being social at the gym!

Hannah:
Quite a few of the other mums in Sophie's class are members of my gym- it is the closest one to the school...and probably the nicest in the area! Normally we all say hi to each other and then go and do our sessions. Today though, I ran side by side on the treadmill with another mum. We chatted for the whole 30mins about school things, it was great catching up with playground gossip! I had upped my speed again (by another 0.2kph) which I didn't notice as I was too busy being social!
I then went for a swim and got chatting with the lady sharing my lane. She is friends with the treadmill mum...small world! We had a chat about swimming, holidays and injuries! In total I swam about 600m! I then met the Nanny of Sophie's school friend and we had a chat...more playground gossip! I haven't been this social in ages...it feels good!
So, 30mins of running at a new speed and 600m of swimming! I was on such a high that I went shopping and bought some new jeans in a size smaller than my current jeans...yay! Happy, happy, happy!

1 comment:

tri-moms said...

How is it that your jeans are getting smaller and mine aren't? HMMM?

(Lorraine)