Lorraine:
I guess you'd call a mini-brick a Lego? Duplo? Anyway, Hannah told me about some term called, I think, "brick" [prepare to watch me be laughed off this site when I find out that it's a completely different term] where you cycle and then run after that. I swear until she told me about that it hadn't really occurred to me that I'd have to do all the parts of the triathlon IN ONE DAY. That was a bit of a wake up call.
"Bricks" are coming up in two weeks I think, but I felt inspired this morning. Oliver kindly woke me up before my alarm at 4:50, so I was full of energy. I indoor cycled for 20 minutes (level 10 is easy now - the first time I could only do 7!) and then hopped on the treadmill for 20 minutes. And yes, I did read a trashy magazine while doing both. Why else does one go to the gym?
Oh, and by the way yesterday was a "rest day" for me. I was all excited to sleep in but then the (#*&$)(*# cat woke me by yowling at the top of her lungs at 5:30, so I might as well have gone to work out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OOOOO, a brick session! You are spot on with your description of one- a bike session followed immediatelyy by a run session. The muscles used in cycling are very different to the ones used in running so it takes the leggies a little time to sort their blood supplies out!
You are doing really well :-)
Post a Comment