Lorraine:
I slithered out of bed at 5:03am this morning and was running around the lake by 5:20. I have to say it started out much harder than last Saturday. I spent the first 15 minutes wondering why it felt so much more unpleasant. After I'd concluded that it was a mixture of 1) being pretty darn cold outside, 2) still being a bit too tired from this week, and 3) maybe that I didn't do much cardio this week - nothing since the spinning class on Monday, I realized that I suddenly felt fine again. So it was just the first 15-20 that was really unpleasant. Of course at that point I only had 10 minutes left.
I was remembering while running (when it got better and I was able to focus on something other than how much I was not enjoying myself) when I used to run much longer distances in college. The first 20-30 minutes would be the toughest for cardio, then everything would smooth out and the next 30-50 minutes would be lovely - everything would feel great. After that, I would start to have structural problems (toes going numb, knee feeling stiff, hip bothering me). So I was thinking this morning that I'm doing a little mini version of that. I don't have the "problem" of running 10 miles to deal with these days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment