Thursday, 22 May 2008

The out of sync runners!

Hannah:
Today, for the first time in 4 years, John (my DH) and I went for a run together! The last time we ran together was just after we'd completed the Paris Marathon and just before I got pregnant with Sophie. Sophie was at school this morning so we took the opportunity to go for a run.

Previously we were of very similar abilities, we could pace each other well and run stride for stride. Today we were the out of sync runners! I was so much slower than John, my speed was lacking, my stamina was low and my strength for running up hills was non-existent. We ran his usual 'long lap' which included 3 big hill and one smaller one. I am quite happy to admit that I walked up each and every hill!

It was a nice run, though we both got stung very badly by the stinging nettles. I think it will be a while before we go running together again.

Next week is half (mid) term break for Sophie so there wont be much training going on. I will try and get a few runs in but the gym and pool is out.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

If you and I ran together we would be similarly out of sync...let that comfort you.

How exactly did you manage to get stung by nettles? You realize they can't run after you.