Friday, 23 May 2008

A sight for sore eyes

Hannah:
No training for me today though the intention was there (swim kit in the car). I had an optician appointment. I had an eye examination a few weeks ago and was declared short sighted, well...more short sighted than several years ago. Today I had to pick my new specs up! By the time I was finished being seen it was too late to get to the pool. I went to Starbucks instead and contemplated the fact that my eyes are on a down hill slope!!

This weekend we are off to watch John take part in a local triathlon. He is doing a sprint distance race (400m swim, 20km/12m bike, 5km/3m run). It should be quite fun to watch. Having not raced in the UK for 3 years it will be good to see some familiar faces and catch up with old team mates.

Next week, as I said in an earlier post, is mid term break so training will be limited. I will try and run once or twice if time permits. I am going to make a conscious effort to get my bike out and clean it up. It hasn't been ridden in 3 years so is probably full of rust. It has also been shipped backwards and forwards between the UK and Finland so I dread to think what sort of state it will be in.

No comments: