Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Rain, rain, go away

Lorraine:
I managed to slither out of bed at 5am again this morning, to find a steady rain a-fallin'. Concerned that I might melt if I went running outside, I instead took a 'break day' and went to the gym where I weight lifted arm stuff and then did a tiny bit of abs work, except my tshirt was a bit too short and I didn't want everyone to have to admire my ab rolls so I gave up after a while. I did discover that on Memorial Day (next Mon) there is an hour long spinning (indoor cycling) class and I'm off work. I'm going to try to make it - they're usually quite intense!

I have a "water park injury" in that I begged and pleaded with Mary until she went on this crazy drop off ride thing with me (last Monday 5/12). My neck has been quite sore ever since and has only got marginally better - it was actually quite tough to do situps. Here's hoping this goes away soon!

The plan for tomorrow is another outdoor run. I have a feeling it won't be any better than Saturday's experience.

Oh, Hannah, I have two issues. 1. You are clearly doing WAY more than you recommend I do (you're doing lots of back to back things, like running then swimming). WHY MUST YOU BE SO SUPERIOR? And the other one, 2. you didn't say anything about dieting. Is that necessary in training for a triathlon? HMM? I had a lovely snack sized Snickers bar yesterday.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I am trying to cram everything into 3 sessions a week. If I can get to the gym 3 times in one week plus one run outside then I'll be happy...I need all the other days off to recover!