Lorraine:
Here goes a recap of the long weekend! We had visitors in town and did lots of lovely touristy things, but I managed to work in some exercise.
Saturday - it was an absolutely gorgeous day and I went for a run outside! It was my third run (second outside) since "training" started and I was pleasantly surprised that it really seemed easier. I didn't feel like I was dying like I had the previous Saturday - for the first 2/3 I actually felt like I was exercising....as opposed to just surviving. It helped that it was a gorgeous day and everyone in Seattle was out around this lake, so there was tons to look at. I ran the path around the lake a full 5 minutes faster than the previous Saturday. I definitely will not continue to improve by 5 minutes each time.
Sunday - nothing! We went to a festival and just generally hung out. I did take the kids on a long walk Sunday evening (including some huge hills) but I believe it's impossible to actually get any form of exercise at the speed at which Amelia walks. Not to mention she was wearing tiny shorts and snow boots. She's an odd duck.
Monday - Yesterday I did a one-hour spinning class at the gym. It was pretty intense and I almost fell down the stairs on my way to the shower. It was a lot of fun though - I haven't done a spinning class in years and I really loved it. I may try to do one every Sunday as I think they hold one in the mornings at the gym. My rear is even more sore now. Ouch.
Tuesday - Today I got up at 4:50am (yes, that's ten minutes BEFORE 5am) and headed to the other gym to do laps. Since I sometimes have to wait for a lane (no sharing) it seems better to get there as soon after 5am as possible. No waiting today. I counted for 15 laps, which I believe is 600 meters (the race distance). That took about 11 minutes at my very leisurely pace, then I swam for another 9 minutes, then I kicked with a kickboard for the last 10 minutes. As before, that last 10 minutes is the toughest part as I apparently swim without kicking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment